People vs. Corporations
The collections of postings on this page contain my current analysis which concludes that during Mr. Bush's second presidential term, a crisis will begin in America. This crisis, I argue, will be as dangerous to the survival of America as were previous crises, including World War II, the Great Depression, the Civil War, and the American Revolution. Further, this analysis concludes that the impending crisis will involve a struggle for America between People and Corporations.
- "The Fourth Turning predicts People vs. Corporations" argues that a popular book that explicitly predicts an American crisis beginning in around 2005, implicitly predicts People vs. Corporations as the nature of this next crisis.
- "Corporations Who Kill " argues that, from humble, arguably benign origins, Corporations have quietly developed maligancy, and now threaten the very existence of the People.
- "Other Chicken Littles" looks at some others who also seem to be predicting an imminent crisis in America.
- "Flash Points of this Crisis" looks at some likely early developments in this crisis.
- "We're On Our Own" argues that in this crisis, People will need to rely on each other, and should expect little or no help from the Corporate proxies commonly known as Government and Media.
The Fourth Turning predicts People vs. Corporations
- Answering the Fourth Turning
- People v. Corporations means what?
- I'm a mixed breed; I'll bet you are too We're part-person, part-Corporation
- The Fourth Turning theory
- Social phases in America identified by Fourth Turning
- The meaning of "America" emerges from America's crises
- The Big American Tent gets bigger every crisis
- The "War on Terrorism" isn't the next American Crisis
- An interesting pattern in the Fourth Turning: awakenings predict crises
- Which major ideas from the Sixties stuck? Civil rights, feminism, and greenism.
- Which major idea from the Sixties failed miserably? It's the Corporations, stupid
- What makes our generation so "smart"? Smaller worlds; history speeding up
- "Calling" September 11 You really should read the Fourth Turning.
Corporations Who Kill
- Corporate Good: private social benefits and costs
- Corporate Irresponsibility -- mob rule
- Corporations are Alien Life Forms (irresponsible anaerobic organisms that feed on money, to be exact)
- Life Forms Have Survival Instincts
- Corporate Lyin', Cheatin', Stealin', Killin'
- Corporate Lyin', Cheatin', Stealin', Killin' (cont'd)
- Scale, Speed, Recurring Revenue, Monopoly
- Invasion of the Body (Politic) Snatchers
- Even Baby Aliens are Cute
- Corporations on the Side of the People
- We're On Our Own
Other Chicken LittlesTBD
Flash Points of this Crisis
- Peasants' Revolt of 1381: precursor to the coming crisis